Monday 29 January 2018

A Life without Depression

HEY SHOUTERS


With this post I would like address an issue which I consider needs to be given focus on, and its for all those students who due to some reason or the other have gone into DEPRESSION!





One of the saddest things in the world is to feel broken, and although you've somehow been figuratively ripped apart, you feel like you can never be put back together again.

Scoring good marks has always been the most important criteria for us. I  remember the time when I was giving my boards and everyone around me was telling me not to take much pressure as they knew I will do great in my exams. Those never-ending hopes were a constant source of fear within me, and a question that constantly kept coming back to me was "What if I fail?".
I was lucky enough to do well, but luck doesn't favour everyone.

As we enter our college life, the situation gets worse. Every now and then we hear news about students committing suicide, students who mostly belong to the most prestigious institutes of India i.e., IITs and NITs. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure and trauma they must have gone through.
The reasons for depression can be endless.
  • Not being able to cope up with the pressure of completing your syllabus.. to find yourself nowhere in the race to reach that peak position. 
  • Most of the students need to leave their home, come in a new city and stay in hostels, PGs or in a rented flat, in order to pursue their academics. 
  • Even the food given in hostels is so abominable, that the thought of eating that food for next 4 years can put a person into depression. 
  • Breakup with the person who, according to us, "we love the most" and then thinking we can't live without him/her has contributed tremendously to this cause!

According to me, this problem of internal conflict arises when we don't have anyone to share them with. We start questioning ourselves..  
"What am I  staying here for?"   "Why am I still here?"
Most of the time we don't even have an answer!
But the real questions we need to ask ourselves before doing anything stupid are


"Won't we get any opportunities in future?"
"How will our parents feel when they see us lifeless?"
"Has all the love in this world become extinct?"

One of the most important things to tell yourself when you go through such a period, is that it is okay to not be okay. It is okay to not feel wholesome right now because it will get better. But the only thing that is not okay is giving up


 The problem of depression can be only solved by sharing all the negative thoughts with your companion.

 The real happiness comes from friends and the jokes we share with one another, it comes from family members and their unconditional love for us.


Suicides are the act of cowards because life gives us endless opportunities. Just be patient and put your efforts in a constructive direction. Learn from your failures and never give up hope :)


“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein




Do subscribe and follow if you liked this post. Put in your reviews in the Comment section below :)

16 comments:

  1. Pretty good. Simple and positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is 👌👌👌
    The food part is so relatable 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Its really a work of brilliance. I needed this kind of motivation and support right now because I presently am suffering from such kind of trauma. Thanks a lot!! Get going.. You will rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to see that my post motivated u..keep following and supporting:-)

      Delete
  4. True words i must say
    Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A post which is deeper than the Web of our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good motivation to all of those who is suffering from this...

    ReplyDelete